R. Daniel McNeely, CPA - Certified Public Accountant, Roswell, GA
My Blog

IRS Notices

IMPORTANT UPDATE ABOUT SCARY NOTICES FROM IRS

We have noticed a large increase in the number of notices from IRS and
Ga Dept of Revenue that clients are receiving, telling you that you owe
extra money, or a penalty, or something is missing. Most of these are incorrect
and are due to IRS misposting or other incorrect processing by their
technicians, or documents you never received from banks or brokerages.
When we receive a notice, we try to handle as many as possible by
mailing in our responses to the IRS, rather than by calling. A typical phone
call requires an hour to reach the right department, and usually they require
a written explanation anyway. Unfortunately, this process could take over
a month to receive a response or before any corrections made to your account.

So what should you do if you receive a notice?

Fax or email us a copy of the notice so we can see what is going on. It
is difficult to decipher what they need until we see their correspondence
and some letters have document id numbers we need when we respond.
Our offices will then prepare a response, whether by phone or mail as
appropriate, to rectify the problem.

Please be patient as we clear the issue, as sometimes we must respond
two to three times to clear the same issue (and in the meantime, you keep
getting scary notices in the mail saying you are going to jail).  Eventually,
we will clear it up ! And, so far, none of my clients have gone to jail
(at least for their income taxes)!

12 Comments to IRS Notices :

Comments RSS
John rutr on Friday, April 27, 2018 11:22 AM
Great and Amazing Blog.

cheapest writing services on Saturday, April 28, 2018 2:42 AM
IRS notice is release now and here we can read nothing else. But i must go and tell those people who are related with this. Because this time they must need to know about this blog which is heaving good data for them.

do my dissertation on Friday, May 18, 2018 7:33 AM
That is so scary, I am so thankful for this article. I will share this with my family and friends, everyone should give it a read just incase something like this happens with anyone.

write my essay for me on Friday, May 25, 2018 9:10 PM
late is really better then reached never at the slow speed and it is actually the relation between two opposite things. speed is always causes to the accidents

sfsfsdfs on Monday, June 11, 2018 10:50 AM
se, whether by phone or mail as appropriate, to rectify the problem.

best dissertation proposal on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 3:32 AM
Thanks for this explanation. I knew I have no debts. It was some kind of a mistake.

quickbooks support on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 1:48 AM
Free site to use the quickbooks on our site and do enjoy free of cost without download and register.

Video Game Leather Jackets on Thursday, August 09, 2018 2:21 AM
If I received notice fist I mail you all the details so you can easily read it and take some action on it

Star lord Jacket on Friday, August 10, 2018 2:11 AM
Great post, just what I was looking for and I am looking forward to reading your other posts soon!

HMRC Investigations on Monday, August 20, 2018 4:50 AM
My accountant informed me about changes in tax rules, so we decided to consult the best tax advisor immediately. It saved out time and energy and made easier to file e-tax on time.

dsgdfhfgj on Monday, August 20, 2018 12:28 PM
dfgdfhfgh

loemrntdherid1 on Thursday, August 23, 2018 11:37 PM
Thanks for posting this informative article